Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 1 and 2

So in the last week before NaNo I had to crunch in about 20,000 words to finish a short story to submit it for an anthology (fyi, its gladiators!) So, on the 30th I stayed up until 2am finishing it. Then the 31st I had to edit and format it for submission. Was I tapped out on November 1st? hell yes.
But I’ve been slowly catching up today. I’ve finished the minimum word count, but I would like to finish 50,000 words by the 20th, just in case it goes over. So I have a couple 1,000 more words to go. So why am I writing this? Because I’m trying to get off tumblr.
AND because me and my friends have made up an awesome metaphor for NaNo. It stems from the fact one of my friends pronounces it like NaNoRaMo, which to me sounds like a carnival fun house.

NaNoRaMo! See the fun of the novel-ty! Bright colors! Big Font! Free this month! Explore floors that move under you, the balancing act! Crazy mirrors so you can get a terrible look at yourself! Be frustrated by trying to navigate the maze! Get angry when something turns out a little disappointing! Be surprised by unexpected joys of hamster wheeling! Unexpected relief upon finding the exit!
FREE NOVEL INCLUDED


In other news, I’ve had eight espressos today

No comments:

Post a Comment