Friday, November 29, 2013

NaNo Nostalgia part 3!

Liluye 2009
This is another novel taking place in the Drowning Sky world. Like Drowning Sky, I’ve had the plot banging around since I was a child. It’s gone through so many revisions and overhauls that it’s plot is somewhat shady. This NaNo I spent most of the time just trying to figure out the story, the characters, and how they relate. I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out what perceptive to write the story from. I started off with the main character, but then it turned into anyone besides the main character. This may be another story that will get attention next year as I turn to novels. It is hard for me to go back to it since I’m not totally sure where I want the story to go. It doesn’t have much of an ending.


Fantasy romance (a little erotic, almost double) 2011
In 2010, I studied abroad in college. So I didn’t want to plan and do a NaNo if I was super busy. So I took a year off in 2010. So in 2011, I was rearing to get back to the fun. I decided to try for a double NaNo, 100,000 words. This was mostly because I was tired of having half complete novels by the end of NaNo. So I chose a typical fantasy romance, with a bit of erotic touch. I made it to about 70,000 words, and the novel was basically complete. Not perfect, but complete. So I stopped before 100,000 words.
Now, the interesting notion about this novel is that soon after, my files were corrupted. I have no hard copy of this story or any copy for that matter. I have my extensive notes, but that’s it. Now, when I loose files or even just scenes of writing. I tend to really freak out. It’s like spending months on a pottery project, just to drop it accidentally. But for this novel, I’m okay with just having my notes. There was some major re-hauling that I would like to make. For instance, taking out the erotic and making it a pure young adult fantasy, with some elements of romance. I would have had to change the tone of every scene anyway, so losing it wasn’t actually that bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment