Thursday, January 2, 2014

My goals

So I just posted a recap of my past year. So here is the companion post of what I'll be working on this year.

I have, in comparison, a looser schedule. Every month I have an approximate word goal of 30k-50k. With about three months of rest also included. If I am successful, then I will have the drafts of three novels by the end of the year. This is all very much ambitious on my part. But I figure I should aim for the stars and hopefully make it out with something at least halfway there.

I will probably still write a few short stories, just to keep that muscled exercised, and probably more fanfiction. Because that is like the snack food of my writing diet.

But back to my novels! If you know me personally (or ever followed me online) what I have chosen will be no surprise. In fact, I believe I've already mentioned it already. And that would be...Drowning Sky. My child of over a decade.

Now, I mentioned that Drowning Sky really needs to be a trilogy in my previous post. I'm pretty excited about it for a couple of reasons. 1) I'm so glad to go back to noveling. 2) I'm so glad it is primarily a young adult fantasy instead of romance. 3) It's been years since I've last tackled Drowning Sky and it is my unbreakable devotion to the world and characters that keeps me coming back for more.

So I mapped out about how long it would take to make (best case) three 70k novels in one year and gave myself a couple months of rest.

And so far I've been totally failing. My personal computer has decided to take on its winter hibernation (seriously, it did it last winter) and I will have to begin my quest without it. I've backed up most of what I need, so besides for the obvious inconvenience of not having my computer, at least I have all the data to get started using other computers...I think.

But I did give myself a smaller word count this January because I knew it would be rough switching gears. I also have a general goal to write 1000 words a day. This can be my novel goal, this blog, my personal journal, or whatever I want. Just at least 1000 words. I think it is best that even when I feel like taking a break from writing, it should be just to write something else. Whenever I take breaks from writing entirely it is so much harder to go back and get in the groove again.

And I guess these past two posts have made my word count for my day. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment