Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cover Art

A bit of a ramble

Do you want to know why I decided to submit to Dreamspinner Press?

Its because of their cover art is pure awefulawesomeness

Here are some lovely examples
Bully for You by Catt Ford eBook

Nathaniel by Jan Irving eBook

The Weekender by R.W. Clinger eBook

The Caveman and the Devil by Chris T. Kat eBook


And that isn’t even counting the amazing that is the Advent Calendar series covers

Please, have a look, you won’t regret it!

Actually, I first submitted a steampunk romance to them for an anthology, but it was unfortunately rejected. But that had a pretty awesome cover. I might still buy it, if only to have a book with a cover of a half-naked man with goggles and…gears.

So, do I have point? Yes, my editor has just sent me the proof for my own Advent Calendar short story, From This Window, which and I was pretty excited to see what awefulawesomness cover I could get! Was the anatomy going to be just slightly wonky? What kind of awkward panty shot could they find this time?! Would their heads be a little too large and seem disconnected from their bodies?!
And its…actually kind of nice looking. I mean, there are still half-dressed buff men flirting on the cover, but its still rather tasteful. I’ll post it once Dreamspinner starts advertising it and I’ll have a link to also give you. The publication date is December 1st, along with the rest of the Christmas-themed stories. They will be available as a set or for individual sale.


I never promised this blog was going to be completely serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment