Monday, October 7, 2013

Preparing for November



If you don’t know what NaNoWriMo is go here
NOW

Okay, so October is the month of Much Planning for NaNo and I’m determined this year to actually get this done since last year I kind of fizzled out. Been brainstorming since September for this and I’ve come up with a few ideas.
1 - Write one of my novel ideas that I’ve been knocking around for years (aka, young adult fantasy)
2 - Write a fanfic (don’t you judge me!)
3 - Write for the Entangled Publishing imprint Brazen.
brazenbanner-gold


Whose open call page is currently advertising: Have you always wanted to write for Brazen? Need an idea for NaNoWriMo this year? Brazen is currently looking for books that feature the following tropes, settings, and/or characters.

They are a special snowflake and deserve the novel I projectile vomit in 30 days. But seriously, I really like this idea. For one, not many romance publishers like the short 50k novel. They all prefer 80k to 100k. And two, why not? Not only will I be NaNo-ing for shits and giggles, I might actually get a contract out of it. And if I don’t…well, was going to NaNo anyway. Plus, they have a nice selection of prompts. I’ve never submitted to Entangled, but I’ve been following their open submission page for awhile now, since they are open to new authors.


Also, their imprint Covet is also looking for 50k to 70k novels

No comments:

Post a Comment